The holiday season is anticipated with joy and happiness, however for many people this festive event can be foreseen as a time of anxiety, depression & loneliness. There are so many stressors with preparation, family responsibilities and financial hardships, each one can be overwhelming.
The fact that the majority of people are positively looking forward to the holidays only magnifies the upcoming season for those that are experiencing suffering & hardships. How do we create a wholesome, fulfilling individual & family experience thru the holidays without becoming unravelled?
Here are 6 important coping strategies to ensure a joyous Christmas:
- An important concept to recognize are all the fun filled memories you have had with past Christmas holidays. However, leave some space for yourself to experience new traditions and sentiments that will only build on the past celebrations. Make an effort to work thru the past challenges and possibly painful experiences so they do not become all consuming in order for you to enjoy and focus on the present.
- Realize and develop a life of gratitude, as well as a positive attitude. Remember that your circumstances may change in your life, but it is how you perceive each challenge, whether it is a positive or negative experience that can affect your mental health & the results you attain. An important lesson in life to develop over the holidays and into the new year.
- Along with gratitude is spending time enriching someone else’s life thru fundraising, supporting a children’s sick hospital or homeless people who really need support at this time of year. The charitable experience is truly rewarding, not only for the recipient but to you as well.
- If money is tight and you are struggling financially there are so many activities and fun events that you can experience that are free. Family enjoyment doesn’t have to be all about spending a lot of money. In fact, many who have little in life enjoy the happiest and most gratifying times the most.
- A key issue that most people face over the holidays is not setting a realistic budget. People wind up spending far more than they expected. Set a budget for yourself way before the holidays arrive so you know exactly how much you can afford.
- Set aside some time for yourself in order to keep things functioning properly, especially for a woman who handles a lot of the Christmas festivities. Keeping yourself calm, well cared for and relaxed will make all the difference in the world. Take time out to recharge your own batteries so you can start the next year feeling vibrant, refreshed and brand new!
For those who are in need of taking some time off to rest and recharge our online program, ‘Manage your Life’s Stressors’ is an effective, empowering way to do just that by removing stress & anxiety from your life. A Special 75% offer is now available for this course as well as a few of our other wellness online courses.
A great holiday gift for someone you care for. For those who purchase as a gift please contact us and we will prepare a special custom note/letter to go along with the online course.
Start your new year off to a great start! Find out how to register by checking our personal development online course section today: https://splendidinspiration.com/pages/personal-development-online-courses